The world sometimes sees Christians as being confined to a set of rules and regulations and having a “must not” mentality. Those assumptions lead them to believe that we don’t get to have fun, when in reality we are more free and able to enjoy life than someone gripped in a sinful life style and burdened with guilt and a broken relationship with God. So, I decided to write a short post on all the things that I love about being a Christian. As far as not having fun, I have to laugh at that, because I’ve had more fun in the last 18 years than I’d had up until that time.
- An Open Relationship With God (Heb 10:19,20)
- God Is My Father – Which makes me His child yippee! (1 John 3:1,2)
- Having A Big Family – I have lots of brothers & sisters in the household of God. And they are my friends.
- Eternal Life – Need I say more? (John 11:25,26)
- I’m Forgiven -Each day, His mercies are new. I have a fresh slate! Not that I freely dirty it up, but until I am made perfect, and in His likeness, I will continue to slip up and sin. Hopefully less and less. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- God’s power – His power sustains me. I don’t have to struggle through life alone.
- Spiritual Discernment – If I listen and am familiar with Gods voice, I can have divine guidance.
- I’m Never alone- God will never leave me as an orphan. What a comfort! (Hebrews 13:5)